Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home from vacation-Day 3

Today is the third day home from our Alaska vacation. I'm thinking that it's sort of like the third day after surgery...you know everyone says that's the hardest day. Maybe the fact that today is the day I started operating on Eastern Standard time rather than Alaskan time is the cause of my tiredness. Going to bed at 2am and getting up at 11am the next morning is much more fun. After all, in Alaska it would only be 10pm and getting up 7am. But I've got to get back to the real world sometime....and a quick nap after lunch today did help a lot.

I've been working on pictures...hundreds of them. It's hard to believe that we've actually seen these beautiful sights. If you haven't had a chance to go, start planning now. My Mother always wanted to go to Alaska. I'm so sorry that I didn't make a bigger effort to take her. There always seemed to be the raising three sons, work, Dad's illness and when it finally got to the point where we could go...it was too late. Don't wait until it's too late. I thought so much about Mom on this trip. I wore her rings and walked in her Reeboks. I kept asking her if she could see these sights...and you know what I heard back? If you think Alaska is beautiful, you should see what I can see now. So, I think maybe I got to see a little bit of Heaven in Alaska. How much more beautiful are the things our God has planned for us.

No comments: